You can register for our 2013 BOB ride by clicking on the active.com graphic below:
Best of the Bay registration includes a BART ticket (Fremont to Orinda), frequent rest stops with lots of good food and fuel appropriate for this type of ride, full SAG, mechanical support and a great meal after the ride.
2013 registration fee is $70 until May 1 when it will go up to $80.
Contact our BOB Master for more info.
1. Ride safely and obey the rules of the road.
2. Watch for loose rocks and gravel on every descending corner! You can be sure that you will find some around one or more of the descending curves along your BOB ride.
3. Bicyclists must obey the same rules of the road as motor vehicles. If you are cited for a violation, your fine can be the same if you were driving a motor vehicle (Orinda and Sunol police will be monitoring the ride in those areas, so be sure to obey their speed limits and traffic signals).
4. Ride close to the right edge of the road if a vehicle is approaching from either direction.
5. Do not ride two abreast on the busy streets in Orinda, Castro Valley and Fremont.
6. Pass other cyclists on the left only and call out "passing left" so they know you are coming by. Be extremely cautious if passing on a descent!
7. Point out road hazards to other cyclists.
8. Make sure your bicycle is in sound mechanical condition. Carry the
necessities: spare tube, pump, tools, water, money, ID, medical info.
WEAR A HELMET - NO HEADPHONES or earbuds!